вівторок, 10 лютого 2015 р.

Letter to Victoria


  Dear Victoria,

   I hope you remember me. I was a little girl when we met. I had a desire to know how are you doing now, so I decided to write you this letter. I'll never forger how much you've done for me, especially how you've been helped me to get accustomed to living in new country. You were the only one person, who impulses me to get the hang of living in America. You've helped me to overcome the cultural shock and you've amused me when I felt nostalgia for my native country, for Italy.
   Now, 5 years have passed. My life changed and I'm sure yours also. I'm living in West America, near Washington. As you know, after had being fled from terrible war in Italy, our family settled in a small guesthouse. At that time I met you, remember? Unfortunatelly, our friendship has been lasted not for a long time, because my daddy said we had to get around, as in West America live some our relatives and we could live better there. I didn't understand as it happened so fast, I didn't even say goodbay to you, dear Victoria. I'm really sory. I promise that I'll get away from home and come to you. But now I want to tell you a little what happened with me during these 5 years that we didn't communicate.
   At first, when we arrived at new place I felt how alone I am. My father worked all the time in bakery. He tried to make his bussiness thriving and that's why he spend all his time on the work. My younger brother Tim couldn't get acclimatized to the new place and he constantly was getting  ill. My mother had to treat him all the time and all of household choires I did. But I had to undergo all of these.I tried to retain our house clean and cosy. I remember how you told me that you slept in the kitchen on warm carpet outspreaded on the floor. I slept in the similar conditions, my carper just outspreaded in the hall, as our kitchen was too little to sleep there. At summer I slept in the open air in the hammock as it was more comfortable. It was only one thing of which I got pleasure out.
You know, in my house at the tiny attic I found an old gramophone with one record. I listened to it and remembered how we listened to foxtrot together. It was such a charming time!
   I'd like that you tell me about your life, how are you and your parents doing now. I'll be looking forward for your answer!

Love, Rosalia


Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар